Maintenance of your Spa
A Spa from Sunspa barely requires maintenance. If you pay attention to the following recommendations, you will make sure to enjoy the pleasures of your Jacuzzi for years to come.
- Clean and renew the water regularly.
- Clean the filter cartridge at least once a week, by using a garden hose. Put the filter once a month in a bucket or basin with water and two cleaning tablets. Let it soak for one hour and finish by rinsing the filter thoroughly.
- Take a shower (without using any soap) before entering your Spa and wash your swimsuits without detergent. This way, you make sure to avoid that soap and detergent contaminate the water of your Spa.
- Do not leave the Spa standing in the sun without water or an appropriate cover. Exposure to direct sunlight can damage your spa shell.
- Cover up your Spa when you do not use it (empty or not). Always provide protection in case of rain or snow.
- Do not tip over your Spa: it might damage the structure.
- Do not open the control panel/cabinet in the equipment compartment. You are not responsible for servicing your Spa, so this is unnecessary.
Cleaning the Spa shell
To clean the inside of the Spa, it is recommended to use a soft cloth or sponge, and maybe even a gentle cleaning product. Never use corrosive or acid cleaning products!
The best time to clean your tub is when you periodically renew the water. Seize this opportunity to hose the tub down with a garden hose. If you use a gentle brush with a long stem, the job will be done quickly.
Cleaning the filter
The filter cartridge can get clogged with scale, which can lead to an inefficient water circulation. It is therefore recommended to clean the filter cartridge weekly. Remove the cartridge from the filter housing and let it soak in a basin of water with 1 or 2 spoons of granulate.
Reinstall the filter into its housing when this is done, and then close the lid. Do not forget to replace the filter cartridge every six to eight months, or earlier if the cartridge is obstructed or broken (in which case you will need to install a new cartridge in the filter).